A little about me.
Sure, I have the degrees – and yes, I have a wall full of certificates inside of cute little frames – but it’s not my qualifications that make me the coach I am today. It’s my ability to connect with others. I am who I am because of my life experiences and what I was able to learn from them.
I could spend hours giving you the run-down on my crazy, reality TV-worthy life story, but let’s summarize:
- I grew up in a broken family system – a BIG one
- I was the black sheep, constantly getting into something – I don’t think most expected me to even make it through high school
- I endured traumas that many people only see in movies
- I became a teen mom, another statistic
- I worked full time through college raising my son alone and shockingly finished with high honors in both my undergraduate and graduate programs
- I went through life the hard way – assuming I deserved nothing better & not knowing how to coordinate any better
I knew something had to change, I took a six-month sabbatical from life. I cut off the outside world, I worked, I came home, I spent time with my son and my dog AND THAT WAS IT.
After only a few weeks, I started feeling better. My head felt clearer. Then I got my sh*t together!
Of course I wish I had done it sooner, but that’s the irony of it. All the failures, all the struggles, and all the pain – led me here.
I truly believe that those of us who have been broken, and I mean really shattered into jagged pieces, misunderstood, battered and bruised, but managed to come out on the other side are some of the greatest teachers.
The textbooks helped me understand WHY I was stuck and how to employ evidence-based practices to change my outcomes. The professionals I sought out in the coaching and mental health space helped me to overcome personal barriers and gain insights. Then it was up to me to do the work.
Once I created & sustained balance in my life I was able to attain the things I wanted most and become the person I was meant to be. Chaos will always be a part of life, but now coordinating the chaos has become my strength rather than my weakness. My life summary has improved:
- Masters Degree in Education; Major: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Nationally Certified
- The career I’ve always dreamed
- An amazing husband
- A better, more present MOM
- Business owner
- Compassionate, capable, confident and content
I was once ashamed of my past and tried hard to hide it, but that prevented me from really helping others. If I hadn’t experienced and endured that chaos, I’d have no idea how to manage it all today! Let me help you figure out how to coordinate the chaos in your life. I’m here to help you find your balance, so you can live your best life too.
I’ll work with you to create an individualized transformation plan so you can gain clarity, find fulfillment, and live a balanced life.
I will give you psychological insights helping you to understand and navigate behaviors, emotions, and patterns that may be holding you back from your next big career move, the love of your life, or simply feeling happy in your own skin.